Positions at Zuckerman Labs
This genome-to-phenotype platform includes a sequenced genome, CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing, and mutant fish for many aging- and disease-relates genes. Using state-of-the-art genome engineering, in-vivo imaging, single-cell, and computational approaches, the Harel lab is exploring fundamental questions in aging biology, such as why is aging such a strong driver of disease? And what is the molecular basis behind the outstanding diversity of vertebrate lifespan (which can reach up to 1000-fold differences between vertebrates).
Located on the beautiful Giv’at Ram campus of Hebrew University, Jerusalem, the Harel Lab is looking for highly motivated graduate students and postdocs interested in cutting-edge aging research. Have a look at our outstanding lab members, and recent activities.
To apply: Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter.
PhD in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Endocrinology and/or related field of study
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates should have a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree and expertise in animal work and molecular biology. Experience in liver biology, metabolism, endocrinology, chromatin biology, epigenetics and related fields is preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, bibliography, and references with contact information.
See our latest published research here:
- Gili Bisker, et. al. J. Stat. Mech., 2017
- Gili Bisker and Jeremy England, PNAS, 2018
- Gili Bisker, et. al., Nature Comm., 2019
The Bisker Lab is affiliated with:
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Center for Physics and Chemistry of Living Systems
- Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Center for Light Matter Interaction
- Faculty of Engineering, Tel Aviv University
To apply: Please send your CV, a description of your past research experience and your future research interests.
Candidates must hold a PhD in Biology / Engineering and have relevant research experience.
To apply: Please contact us with your CV, a letter describing your research experience and interests, and 1-3 references.
- A strong background in experimental optics
- Prior experience in quantum optics, nanophotonic or nonlinear optics is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
A PhD degree completed within the last five years or soon to be completed in physics, electrical engineering or related discipline